Tuesday 21 May 2019

International Goods and Shipping


I’m quite grateful for the likes of international shipping. I mean, most people around the world are as well, but I recently purchased something from overseas that most Americans don’t, and that’s a gem stone for a ring.


You see, I frequent some uncommon boards on Reddit that I can guarantee 99.9% of Americans don’t, and luckily I was tipped off to a site that sells stones for an absolute fraction of the price that most people would expect to pay a diamond store here in the States. Does that make me a winner in this situation? Absolutely. Do I feel great about the decision? Emphatically yes.

Here’s the thing. Most people here wouldn’t dare hedge their bets on such a stone being 100% real and quality, but with enough research into the product, I realized I’d be crazy to buy anything local simply because I cut out the middlemen in my purchase.


So now I’m eagerly awaiting my gem stone’s arrival now that I’ve pulled the trigger. It’s quite funny, really. The stone I’m buying for such a low price is sturdy, beautiful, absolutely so much cheaper, and still quality. It can almost be compared to the very material that makes up the shipping boxes they’re often shipped over in.

Yes, I’m saying my gem stone can be compared to cardboard.

Think about the usefulness that cardboard has provided since its widespread acceptance. It is so cheap and yet so durable and protective that there’s just not a better material out there for the shipping industry. Comparatively, my moissanite stone is almost identical to an actual diamond, especially to the naked eye. There are only a handful (figuratively speaking) of people out there that could tell the difference between my stone and that of a perfect diamond, and those people are studied and experienced compared to pretty much everyone else in society.


So, you can bet that I felt like I almost “stole” the stone for the price I got it for, simply because I went straight to the resource itself and not through multiple people and processes. I’ll be eagerly awaiting my shipping boxes containing the components all week, and that’s no exaggeration in the slightest.

Sometimes, going with your gut feeling after doing your fair share of research and checking around is the best way to handle things. Of course your gut can get you in trouble, but if you let your mind sift through the fakes and scams and then let your gut do the talking, it’s almost always the best way to handle any big decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment